IIT Delhi sports ample playgrounds, track and fields. The main playground also has a walking/running track in addition to the 400m racetrack. Facilities on campus open to faculty members and their family include:
• Badminton court (in Student’s Activity Center (SAC))
• Table tennis courts (SAC).
• Squash courts (SAC))
• Olympic size swimming pool (SAC)
• Snooker table (SAC)
• Exercise Gym (SAC). Separate rooms for ladies and gentlemen.
• Athletic, cricket, hockey, and football sports fields
• Basketball courts next to the Football field
• Synthetic and clay tennis courts (opposite Nalanda grounds)
• Volleyball courts (near the tennis courts)
Many activities are in the student activity center (SAC), which is located near Gulmohar guest house, as are the Nalanda grounds. A new sports complex is coming up on the main fields (opposite Hospital). Do note that most facilities are open during specific hours and may be reserved for certain team activities at certain times. The office of the sports officer of IIT Delhi is located in SAC, and you can seek their help with activities or joining teams and playgroups.
Inter-IIT staff sports meet is an annual event (usually in Winter vacation). You may be interested in joining one of the institute teams. Look out for team trials around October.
Sports and gym facilities near IIT Delhi include Delhi Lawn Tennis Association, Siri Fort sports complex, Saket sports complex, Vasant Kunj sports complex, Khazan Singh Gym and Swimming pool, etc.
If something here needs a makeover, or you want to add something, please contact email@example.com .. Last updated: July 2021