- On arrival a student will report to the caretaker or any other official of the hostel authorised by the warden and will take possession of the room after signing the inventory of the furniture, electrical and other items in the room.
- At the end of each semester a student shall vacate his/her room and hand over the charge of the room including all items on the inventory to the Caretaker-or-any other official of the hostel, authorised by the warden.
- Any student desirous of retaining his room during the vacation must seek prior permission from the Associate Dean (Hostel Management).
- The Hostel dues shall be paid as per the directives of the BHM.
- Any act of intimidation or violence, wilful damage to property or drunken and riotous behaviour constitutes an offence.
- Possession or use of narcotics, consumption of alcoholic beverages and gambling are strictly prohibited.
- Use of audio equipment in hostels is acceptable only if it is not objectionable to other residents.
- It is mandatory to seek prior approval from hostel warden for any guest(s) staying in the hostel for a period up to five days. Warden may deny permission if the situation so warrants. For longer stay period, permission is to be sought from the Associate Dean (Hostel Management).
- Students are allowed to visit each other in the designated
common areas of the hostels till 2.00 a.m. in the night
- A student's parents may visit the student in the room with permission from warden.
- Guests or other family members may be entertained by a student in the visitors' room in the hostel from 8.00 a.m. to 8.00 p.m.
- In case any resident has to stay out for some work after 11.00 p.m., it is advised to do so after making proper entries in the entry/exit register with details like name, entrynumber, purpose, name of the laboratory/computer centre, time of leaving the hostel and expected time of return to the hostel. On return, they may update the same register with actual time of return.